Governors are appointed to help:
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the school
- Provide and support the strategic direction of the school
- Decide what is taught
- Set and support standards of behaviour
- Interview and select staff
- Decide on how the school budget is spent
- Support and judge the performance of the Headteacher
School Governors have legal duties, powers and responsibilities. They must act together, they cannot act individually.
School Governors are:
- Teachers at the school
- Local council representatives
- Community representatives
Parent Governors are elected by the parents and serve, as do all Governors, for four years. They bring the views of parents to the Governing Body, but they speak and act as individuals; they should not be thought of as delegates of the parents. They have equal status in the work of the Governing Body, with full voting rights. The current Chair of Governors is Parent Governor Robert Brown – he can be contacted via the school office.
We have 2 Sub-Committees:
Finance and Resources (Chair)
Curriculum and Staffing (David Lewis, Chair)
Minutes for meetings are kept in the School Office and are available on request.
FGB Dates for 2016-17
Monday 3 October 2016
Monday 28 November 2016
Monday 30 January 2017
Monday 20 March 2017
Monday 22 May 2017