Links for Parents
A new website has been launched it is designed for parents and young people to help access information about mental health.
Here is some useful information from NSPCC and UK safer Internet Centre regarding Pokemon Go and some advice for parents.
Safer Internet Day
Safety Online – information, advice, how to report – for parents and young people
www.saferinternet.org.uk/safer-internet-day/2018 – the most up-to-date information
CEOP think u know – www.thinkuknow.co.uk information for children, young people and parents according to age group.
- ceop.police.uk – Child Exploitation Online Protection agency website. Safety Online – information, advice, how to report – for parents and young people.
- www.saferinternet.org.uk – UK Safer Internet Centre, where you can find e-safety tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe on the internet.
- Youtube – Nude selfies: What parents and carers need to know (video information clips and advice) – www.youtube.com
- www.kimscounselingcorner.com Games to deal with anger
- Anxiety in children – kidshealth.org/parent/positive/talk/anxiety_disorders
- OCD – Information for children with obsessive and compulsive behaviours – ocdkids.org/
The local Parent Partnership Service in South Gloucestershire. Supportive Parents are an independent organisation offering a free, confidential and impartial service to any parent who has a concern about their child’s education. Their aim is to provide you with all the information you need to understand the SEN process and improve your child’s education experience.
Information & Support Line is 0117 989 7725. It is available Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am – 2pm during term time, and an answer phone at all other times.
South Gloucestershire Local Coordinator: Kathryn Mason
If you have any concerns or worries about your child’s SEN provision call us!
1 Big Database
Website about a wide range of services for young children, young people, their parents and carers and professionals in Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
- Housing Education Health
- Money Matters Family Support Employment
- Play and Leisure Facilities Community Groups
- Drugs Information Service
Children and Young People Information Service
The information service can sign post you to various areas of support.
- Childcare Child & Family Support
- Children & Young People’s Education
- Family Welfare Grants &Tax Credits
- Helpline Parent Support
- Recruitment Training
- Work-Life Balance
Tel: 01454 868008