Links for Parents
Safer Internet Day
Safety Online – information, advice, how to report – for parents and young people
www.saferinternet.org.uk/safer-internet-day/2018 – the most up-to-date information
CEOP think u know – www.thinkuknow.co.uk information for children, young people and parents according to age group.
- ceop.police.uk – Child Exploitation Online Protection agency website. Safety Online – information, advice, how to report – for parents and young people.
- www.saferinternet.org.uk – UK Safer Internet Centre, where you can find e-safety tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe on the internet.
- Youtube – Nude selfies: What parents and carers need to know (video information clips and advice) – www.youtube.com
- www.kimscounselingcorner.com Games to deal with anger
- Anxiety in children – kidshealth.org/parent/positive/talk/anxiety_disorders
- OCD – Information for children with obsessive and compulsive behaviours – ocdkids.org/
The local Parent Partnership Service in South Gloucestershire. Supportive Parents are an independent organisation offering a free, confidential and impartial service to any parent who has a concern about their child’s education. Their aim is to provide you with all the information you need to understand the SEN process and improve your child’s education experience.
Information & Support Line is 0117 989 7725. It is available Monday, Wednesday and Friday 10am – 2pm during term time, and an answer phone at all other times.
South Gloucestershire Local Coordinator: Kathryn Mason
If you have any concerns or worries about your child’s SEN provision call us!
1 Big Database
Website about a wide range of services for young children, young people, their parents and carers and professionals in Bath and North East Somerset, Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
- Housing Education Health
- Money Matters Family Support Employment
- Play and Leisure Facilities Community Groups
- Drugs Information Service
Children and Young People Information Service
The information service can sign post you to various areas of support.
- Childcare Child & Family Support
- Children & Young People’s Education
- Family Welfare Grants &Tax Credits
- Helpline Parent Support
- Recruitment Training
- Work-Life Balance
Tel: 01454 868008